In anatomy, sinus basically refers to the sac like structure which can form in any organ or tisuse in the body. Sinuses can also be abnormal cavities (empty spaces) which can be formed anywhere in the body. Sinuses are mostly formed when a tisuse is destroyed. In more common terms sinuses can refer to the empty spaces near the cranial bone and nose of the skull. Each human being has 2 basic sets of sinuses in the nose and eye region.
- Causes of sinus pains
There is more than one reason why people suffer from sinus pains in the cranial area-
1. When there is inflammation in the nasal sinus cavity regions, people mostly suffer from intense and sharp pain.
2. Pain also can occur if they are blocked by mucus.
3. Some people are even born with an extra sinus in that region. This causes pains at times as there is less transitional area.
4. Some people are even born with a deviated septum (nasal) which causes problem in the nasal sinus.
5. The same pain can occur if a person has narrow sinuses.
All these conditions can also be treated medically or by surgeries.
- Homemade remedies for sinus
Don’t let sinus problems bring you down. Use these home remedies in order to help yourself get better and more relaxed if you are suffering from sinus problems-
1. Stress can intensify sinus problems. Don’t frown or cry or scream or get angry when you have a sinus problem. This will just intensify the situation in your body. So you must practice and stay calm and relaxed at first.
2. If your room has too much humidity, then that becomes an absolute home ground for mites and dust particles which in turn might intensify sinus problems. So use a de-humidifier. You can also keep vaporizers in the room.
3. Make sure that you keep yourself hydrated. Drinks lots of water and juices and don’t cry.
4. Make sure that the room you are in is well ventilated as well.
Keep in mid these simple tips when you have a sinus attack. You can also check with your doctor and ask for some pain relievers and other medicines to deal with your problem.